5 Things To Consider When You Choose A Surgeon
1. Get a referral from a trusted friend who has had a similar procedure to what you are contemplating.
2. Make sure he or she is a qualified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. The terms ‘aesthetic surgeon’ and ‘cosmetic doctor’ can be confusing. The official specialist qualification allows the surgeon to call him or herself a ‘plastic and reconstructive surgeon’.
3. Make sure you have a good rapport with your surgeon of choice. You must feel confident that he or she understands what you would like to achieve with the surgery. Use the consultation as an opportunity to assess if you can work together on achieving the desired outcome.
4. Look at before and after photos of previous patients.
5. Ask questions. A few you might consider include:
- How many times has the surgeon performed the procedure?
- Can the surgeon provide patient references?
- How long has the surgeon performed the procedure?